General Electric Lead Systems Engineer- Cell Therapy in Marlborough, Massachusetts
This is a cross-functional discipline and considers the technical needs of business/customers to build quality products. They design and optimize requirements to define the system and verify they are executed from concept to operation. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies
• Define the systems architecture in conjunction with the concept design, and generate requirements structure accordingly,
• Oversight of infrastructure including installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, hardware, application software and system management tools
• Monitor and test performance of applications, foreseeing potential bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions
• Work with the SW, HW, Disposable, Biology technical leads, Product Managers and Program Manager and ensure that there is an integrity on the overall requirements structure, requirements are captured correctly, gaps and risks are identified and communicated with stakeholders.
• Ability to create lower level requirements to execute verification and support product validation, and generating trace matrix,
• Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
• Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
• Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
• Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
• Participation on testing planning with the engineering lead, generating testing plans compliantly with requirements and leading the efforts on requirements verification activities
• An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice; familiarity with requirements engineering books and resources
• Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences or any other technical related field
• 8+ years of successful experience working in product development in a multidisciplinary environment, ideally involving broad HW/SW skills in engineering and in life science or medical fields.
• Experience in DOORS requirements management tool
• Understanding engineering disciplines, such as mechanical, electrical and computer engineering
• Managing projects that include inter-disciplinary teams
• Understanding complex system development methods
• Understanding of system testing practices
• Well-founded knowledge and practical experience of relevant regulations (ISO 9001, ISO13485, cGMP), specifically for the US and European market
• Familiar with complex system development methods and testing practices
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.