General Electric Development Manager-Cell And Gene Therapy in Marlborough, Massachusetts
As a Development Manager in the Cell and Gene Therapy business, you will manage a diverse bioengineering team focused on defining and executing process optimization and technology development projects. You will provide deep technical expertise and will be responsible for project scope definition, task prioritization, and team execution. You will be a leader in bringing new and innovative products to market to enable life-saving advances in cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine.
• Project leadership and execution for process optimization and technology development programs in cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine. This includes project definition, documentation, timeline generation, scoping, resourcing, budgeting, milestone setting, task prioritization, and execution against plan.
• Direct management of a multi-disciplinary team of research scientists, engineers, and associates.
• Provide deep technical expertise across the organization, including guidance and training of technical staff as necessary.
• Engage external customers and partners to understand and overcome workflow challenges.
• Drive effective communication across the organization and leadership team.
• Work with leadership to identify and prioritize future project opportunities.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend new and existing technologies to improve workflows.
• Demonstrate continuous integrity, credibility, and positivity and motivate others to do the same.
• Continuously grow and adapt in a fast-moving field to keep yourself and the organization at the forefront of the cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine fields.
• Ph.D. with 3+ years of experience, Master’s with 6+ years of experience, or Bachelor’s with 10+ years of experience with a degree in bioengineering, chemical engineering, bioprocess, biotechnology, cell biology, or a related field.
• Demonstrated personnel supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated project management experience with a successful track record of on-time and on-budget execution.
• Practical experience in cell and gene therapy or regenerative medicine.
• Strong English written and oral communication.
• Industry experience in cell and gene therapy or regenerative medicine.
• Hands-on experience working with human primary and/or stem cell cultures.
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas: bioprocess development, cell or molecular biology, gene engineering, viral vectors, pluripotent stem cells and derived progeny, hematopoietic stem cells, immune cells, or mesenchymal stromal cells.
• Experience in statistical design of experiments and analysis.
• Familiarity with the applicable regulatory frameworks and requirements for cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine, such as cGMP, ISO, or medical device development.
• Independent, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent analytical skills and the ability to multitask and succeed in a team environment.
• Demonstrated initiative and the ability to deliver high quality outcomes.
• Intermediate-to-advanced proficiency with computer productivity software (e.g. MS Office, etc.) and a range of technical applications (e.g. JMP, FlowJo, Matlab, etc.).
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.