General Electric Custom Products Technical Quote Specialist in Marlborough, Massachusetts
The Custom Products Technical Quote Specialist will manage the execution and timely completion of custom hardware quotations for Upstream Bioprocessing solutions and provide overall project management oversight to insure customer satisfaction by aligning expectations and deliverables. This includes creation and management of all the necessary technical data to complete custom proposal packages.
• Work with the Regional Modalities to insure the completeness and clarity of the custom RFQ’s submitted, communicate projected quote lead-times, and provide on-going status through quote & proposal completion.
• Review and assess RFQ’s for custom products and systems, and provide a comprehensive response in a timely manner meeting or exceeding KPI’s established by the business. This includes review of customer specifications, identifying any exceptions, and obtaining final agreement.
• Lead global coordination and collaboration with all key stakeholders to insure efficient and timely collection of the necessary data to complete the quote or proposal package. Key stakeholders include the Regional Modalities, Sales Account Management, Product Management, Custom and R&D Engineering, Enterprise Solutions, Automation, Regulatory/Compliance, and Supply Chain/Production Operations.
• Work together with the Custom HW Engineering Team to develop and create the required technical data and documentation packages to complete custom quotation proposals. This includes (but not limited to) assessing technical feasibility, developing system functional diagrams (P&ID), envelope or assembly drawings, and creating the general specifications.
• Establish and maintain a standard database of typical technical data and information, and create standardized templates for future re-use driving consistent output and improvements in process efficiency and speed.
• Support both budgetary and firm quotation proposal development, applying the necessary level of detail analysis work versus educated assumptions required depending on the type of RFQ.
• Apply project management skills and tools to drive completion of tasks and critical path items, in order to reduce response time and improve quality and completeness of responses.
• Develop working level knowledge of customer applications along with the appropriate GEHC solutions, in order to quickly evaluate and determine actions required and/or to quickly identify the specific technical SME’s and/or functions to involve in the quotation process.
• Identify, develop, and support implementation of new or revised procedures and tools to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the custom quotations process.
• Support the Sales Order review process upon receipt of customer PO’s, including providing clarifications between the PO and the custom quote, assisting in collecting any missing URS data, information on the terms & conditions, etc.
• Review and analyze the actual vs quoted margins for custom orders, in order to continuously improve the quotations process taking into account competitiveness and long-term growth & profitability.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Knowledge and understanding of applicable GELS standards. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
• Identify and report any quality or compliance.
• Suggest improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a science-based discipline or a related technical field.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a sales engineering, applications engineering, quoting engineered solutions, or other technical sales support role in an industrial and/or production manufacturing environment.
• Excellent communications skills and demonstrated team coordination skills with proven ability to motivate and collaborate across diverse, multi-functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, including conducting risk assessments and implementing contingency plans to complete projects on schedule.
• Ability to understand issues and problems from a customer’s perspective, and to communicate these effectively to drive internal GEHC team priorities and actions.
• Basic knowledge or background of standard production, manufacturing, and supply chain processes and logistics for fluid handling or fluid processing equipment.
• Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines, while maintaining a high degree of quality and accuracy.
• Well organized and ability to work with minimal supervision and oversight.
• Demonstrated ability to implement best practices.
• Experience and knowledge in bioprocessing or bio-pharmaceutical industry processes, regulations, and requirements a plus.
• Process control or automation engineering experience or knowledge a plus.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island; Marlborough, Worcester, Boston, Providence, Nashua,
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.