General Electric Contracts & Negotiation Manager in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Role Summary:The Contracts & Negotiation Manager is responsible for using business and legal judgment to analyze, structure, draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements with strategic and key customers, distributors, and group purchasing organizations, as well as responding to customer request for proposal (RFPs). Applies sound judgment to identify, evaluate and negotiate contract terms and conditions and other related requirements/risks.
Essential Responsibilities:• Manage the end-to-end contracting and bidding process to meet/exceed business cycle time requirements
• Manage contract clause libraries and contract databases
• Advise sales and business teams on agreement structure, risks, and alternatives
• Collaborate with business functions to draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts
• Liaise with legal team, compliance and other business functions to ensure that templates are in compliance with legal requirements and best practices
• Manage the contract approval process
• Management of contract template processes, including systematic reviews of templates and playbooks, and incorporation of best contracting practices and provisions
• Assist with educating and training individuals regarding contract processes, policies and procedures, as needed
• Lead process improvement efforts to support the achievement of business objectives
Qualifications/Requirements:• Undergraduate Degree / paralegal certification plus 5+ years of related experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with contract drafting and negotiation with customer/client interaction and managing successful relationships
• Experience in the Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, and/or Life Sciences industry
• Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals from multiple departments at all levels of the organization
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work successfully towards strict deadlines, as well as independently on multiple, simultaneous assignments
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
Desired Characteristics:• JD or MBA Preferred
• Experience negotiating and drafting complex multi-year supply agreements
• Prior experience with public bid rules and doing business with governmental entities
• Strong financial acumen with an understanding of contractual accounting methodologies
• Experience using, developing, and/or implementing a CLM system
• Experience using SAP
• Experience using Salesforce.com
• Understanding of channel strategy and go-to-market options
About Us:There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than
11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE
Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the
journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge
technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future.
We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Marlborough;