General Electric Lead Manufacturing Engineer -Process in Madisonville, Kentucky
Job Description Summary
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer . Primary responsibilities will reside around Cost and Productivity for a defined product, aircraft engine blades, turbine airfoils process development, planning, and execution. You will mange the process, flow, improvements and track quality and cost. This is a great opportunity that could lead to a business leader role.
GE Aviation is the world leader in providing aircraft engines, systems and avionics.
An operating unit of GE (NYSE: GE), is a world-leading provider of jet and turboprop engines, as well as integrated systems for commercial, military, business and general aviation aircraft. GE Aviation has a global service network to support these offerings. Follow GE Aviation on Twitter and YouTube.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Aviation, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.
· Be responsible for scheduling, resolving issues, tracking material availability and advising on material usage
· Design and implement manufacturing processes and systems for control and replenishment of materials
· Promote customer satisfaction and develop positive customer relationships
· Be responsible for attaining all aspects of production operation including safety, scheduling, quality, and team development in assigned areas
· Plan and implement process-engineering activities for new product development and current product support
· Provide manufacturing method development and improvement for current and new products
· Determine safe manufacturing processes that produce a quality product in the most efficient method of manufacture
· Investigate and apply new technology
· Assist supervisors and production employees in resolving manufacturing process problems
· Conduct training, process planning, evaluates operating methods, selects controls, and specifies tools, fixtures and gages
· Maintain the manufacturing engineering system on part routing and standards
· Execute manufacturing related quality planning activities
· Pursue continuous improvement for quality and cost reductions in designated area
· Act as change agent, understanding and moving the operation toward world-class performance
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of manufacturing experience in a manufacturing role)
· Minimum 3 additional years of experience in manufacturing
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
· Ability to make data driven decisions and utilize Six Sigma or equivalent quality and Lean tools
· Knowledge of safety agency regulations is preferred
· Strong background in the interpretation of engineering drawings/specifications and manufacturing processes
· Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
· Leadership Program Graduate (GE employees only)
· Ability to manage multiple assignments
· Knowledge of ISO / quality procedures
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an employee is in a state where this requirement is temporarily paused for federal contractors. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes