General Electric Sr Manufacturing Staff Manager 2 - Lean Manufacturing in Madison, Wisconsin
Leads projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business and is a recognized expert in a specialized field. Responsible for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications and the simplification. Recognized as a senior professional expert, manage a team of functional professional, regularly influences senior management, and develops and implement plans for their function or organization. Leads a team of lean professionals.
Key responsibilities include:
· Provide overall Lean leadership and simplification to key areas of supply chain.
· Responsible for partnering with plant and business leaders to define the key value streams that will have the greatest impact on the business and the customer
· Work with the operating leaders to develop strategic deployment planning as well as specific goals and priorities that drive lean principles and concept across the business
· Serve as a change agent by influencing, communicating and institutionalizing a culture of simplification and standardization
· Coach Lean Manufacturing Leaders and plant leadership in the use of Lean tools and the simplification methodology to drive significant business impact
· Improve customer satisfaction and reduce cycle-time on specific wing to wing processes
· Conduct regular value stream reviews with Lean Manufacturing Leaders to assure the team drives significant and measurable business impact
· Communicate progress, status and issues to the business leaders - Seek, share and institutionalize best practices
Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college or High school diploma/GED and 4 years work experience
5+ additional years of experience in a functional business environment
Understands Lean toolset with proven results
7+ additional years of experience in a manufacturing
Lean Leader or Black Belt preferred
Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization
5.Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results
Strong analytical and quantitative skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Madison
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.