General Electric Software Engineer in Madison, Wisconsin
This position is for Software Product Development for real time anesthesia and ventilation delivery systems in the Clinical Care Solutions Anesthesia and Respiratory Care business.
The successful candidate will develop software for real time anesthesia and ventilation delivery systems for new product development and the installed base. The work involves software design, coding and unit testing in a Visual C++ environment.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Design of user interface software using Object Oriented methodology, particularly Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Implementation of the software design in C+• Development and execution of software unit tests
• Active participation in feature integration and integration testing
• Work with cross-functional teams and experienced engineers to research, design, develop, build and test new medical products
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related computer field
• Work experience and/or coursework utilizing MS Windows and C+• Object Oriented Design experience
• Exceptional organizational, problem solving and detail orientation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills are needed along with the ability to work well in a team environment
• Two or more years of software work experience
• Experience developing embedded applications for the Windows CE operating system
• Experience in developing real-time embedded software systems
• Experience and/or course work utilizing Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Experience with software and requirements management and process tools; ClearQuest, Subversion, DOORS
• Excellent verbal and written documentation skills
• Experience developing medical software
• Exposure to or experience with Qt Framework
• Exposure to or experience with Linux
• Familiarity with Modern Design Patterns
• Experience with User Interface Design and/or Component Design.
• Knowledge of FDA, MDD, IEC, and ISO regulations and guidelines
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Madison
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.