General Electric Order Fulfillment Leader in Madison, Wisconsin
Recognized as a lead expert, influences at the manager level on projects and initiatives. Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules. Plan and schedule material/production needs. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage materials planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs.
• Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
• Optimize inventory and process improvements.
• Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
• Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level.
• Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
• Delivers products as part of a team.
• Works on cross functional teams.
• Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing).
Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Materials Planning and Execution or Supply Chain experience, or GE Leadership Program employee or graduate.
MBA or Masters Degree
5 years of proven experience in Materials Planning and Execution
Certified Black Belt
Oracle knowledge and experience
Lean Manufacturing Experience, including leading AWOs
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Madison
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.