General Electric Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Lean and Test in Madison, Wisconsin
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Provide technical leadership for the production team. Responsibilities include test fixture maintenance and improvements. Supporting new test fixture development and manufacturing implementation. Provide documentation and floor support associated with safety, manufacturing and quality methods, tooling, and equipment. Aggressively initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality.
• Specify hardware, system design & test code development using National Instruments Labview & TestStand to convert old, obsolete test systems to supportable
• Ensure accuracy of test system design documentation – assembly drawings, BOM, schematics, etc. Update or create documents as needed.
• Ensure regulatory compliance through Qualification. Responsible for ensuring rigor in development of equipment qualification plans per GEHC specified format,
execution, final analysis and acceptance.
• Duplicate/build redundant test fixture, as needed.
• Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into
• Work with Production Associates to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Monitor and improve productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
• Specify and expedite planned maintenance routines on all production equipment and systems
• Co-ordination of manufacturing releases
• Lead Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
• Provide safe processes that comply with all local and federal regulations. Assure that corrective action is taken to resolve observed safety concerns in all areas.
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and
regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, DMR, DHR and electronic signature
requirements to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements.
• B.S. Degree in Test, Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering or related technical degree and 3 years’ experience or Associates Degree and 5 years’ experience
or High School diploma with 7 years of experience in production, engineering or troubleshooting
• Functional test design and development experience
• Demonstrated experience using National Instruments Labview and TestStand
• Demonstrated skills in verification & validation
• Experience w/ MySQL databases
• Experienced in test system development life cycle, qualification of equipment, and test procedures
• Demonstrated troubleshooting, analytical and planning skills
• Demonstrated strong technical documentation skills
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working experience in National Instruments software (LabWindows), C++, and/or other programming languages and other tools utilized in test equipment
Demonstrated experience with hands-on pneumatic fixture build and troubleshooting
Experience working with Visio/mechanical engineering tools as well as schematic capture
Experience working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment
Energized, passionate, change agent with personal commitment to deliver quality projects
Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Madison
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.