General Electric Facility Manager in Madison, Wisconsin
The Facilities Manager is responsible for leading a team of qualified trade craftsmen, designers, and engineers and other resources to drive exceptional regulatory and quality assurance, for optimized services for the protection of people and assets, and for enhancing business growth by maintaining world-class buildings and campus for customers and employees.
• Ensuring GE and regulatory EHS, life safety and building code compliance
• Driving customer service and work completion based on priorities set by customers (main focus of Maintenance is Manufacturing related to safety, throughput equipment, lean mfg projects, PM’s, improvement projects and administrative area moves).
• Responsible for managing all building maintenance, janitorial, repair, renovations, demolitions, additions, and new construction in owned or leased buildings
• Responsible for the maintenance of all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, including maintaining 100% up-time for the data center
• Developing P&E and expense budgets for the year and proposed projects and gain financial approval
• Managing union and contractor relationship, including outsourcing.
• Maintaining facilities fleet and equipment such as vehicles, fire protection, elevators, water, compressed air, and outside grounds (including snow removal, landscaping, etc)
• Maintaining and generate procedures for preventative maintenance and work tasks
• Planning, scheduling, forecasting, and balancing department workload
• Managing facilities projects for cost, schedule, safety and quality
• Managing and maintaining company assets for audit review
• Improving base costs including energy cost reductions
• Managing and leading the required EHS Element programs
• Ensuring consistent operating procedures and policies for the concerned facilities
• Reporting on maintenance accomplishments in the areas of safety corrective actions and improvements, PM’s, repair work orders, and improvement projects
• Serving as liaison for Indirect Sourcing
Bachelors Degree, preferably engineering or architecture
Manufacturing environment, Project management and Facility Manager work experience
Power distribution, HVAC and fire protection systems experience
Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement strategies in a team environment
Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Proven ability to be a successful change agent
Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, Maintenance Systems, Autocad, etc
BB or MBB Certified
Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation & conflict resolution skills
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Established project management skills.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Madison
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.