General Electric Lynn Construction Worker in Lynn, Massachusetts
Role Summary:Responsible for cleaning and preparing construction sites for renovation. Assist in landscaping and snow responsibilities as needed for the site. Unloading and loading materials from trucks, mix concrete, pour concrete, and assists carpenters and other construction laborers
Essential Responsibilities:• Assist on construction projects and participate in demolitions which includes but not limited to mixing and pouring concrete.
• Landscaping duties including but not limited to tree and debris removal.
• Snow removal and sanding activities for the site as needed.
• Operate air, electric, and pneumatic tools.
• Operate Heavy Equipment including but not limited to: backhoes, loaders, fork trucks.
Qualifications/Requirements:• High School Diploma or equivalent education (GED).
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
• 3 Years of related experience and knowledge of construction processes and procedures.
• Ability to lift, move, and manipulate fixtures and hardware up to 40lbs (with or without reasonable accommodations).
• Ability to work in confined areas, work off ladders, platforms and heights.
• Ability to work in various weather conditions.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Desired Characteristics:• Massachusetts, HE-2B or HE-2A heavy equipment operator license.
• Have knowledge and understand safety rules in an industrial setting.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems.
• Excellent communication skills.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Lynn;