General Electric Computer Vision Research Engineer in Lynn, Massachusetts
Help the ongoing efforts to use Deep Learning techniques for analyzing large datasets of GE’s customers across industry verticals. Apply advanced analytics and machine learning techniques for tagging, classification, and automated feature and object recognition in images and video streams. Work with Computer Vision Scientists and customers to understand a business domain and refine the analyses and learning models to create high-fidelity automated analytics solutions.
The Computer Vision Research Engineer will work closely with Principal and Senior Computer Vision Scientists and customers to rapidly understand the domain, and build, test and iterate the analyses and models to create high-fidelity automated classification, detection, and prediction solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Investigate and apply image analytics and deep learning approaches and tools for detecting automated and assisted analysis of various industrial datasets including RGB, multi-spectral imaging, radiographs, thermographs, and ultrasonic and sonar scans
• Communicate effectively with technical experts, business managers and customers
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple offices and regions
• Ph.D. with specialization in Image Processing, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, or Machine Learning
• Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in Computer Vision and Image Analytics with specific focus on feature and object detection for RGB and thermal imagery data
• Prior experience in deploying a Computer Vision based application
• Experience with analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial/industrial setting
• Up to date with industry best practices and deep learning frameworks for developing production-grade automated computer vision systems
• Fluent with frameworks and languages such as Spark, Scala, R, Python, and MATLAB
• Production-quality developer in Python, C/C++, or Java
• System Engineering and API based integration experience for large production systems
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication (writing and public speaking) skills)
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Boston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.