General Electric Staff Technical Product Manager in Loves Park, Illinois
You will operate in lock-step with product management to create a clear strategic direction for build needs, and convey that vision to the service’s scrum team. You will direct the team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as stories and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt.
Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Service Owners and Developers.
• Work with cross-functional teams to deliver features and significant products
• Own the short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases
• Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
• Demonstrate expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
• Engage frequently (80%) with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
• Own and manage the backlog; continuously order and prioritize to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready
• Collaborate with UX in design decisions, demonstrating deep understanding of technology stack and impact on final product
• Conduct customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborate on personas
• Partner with the Service Owner to ensure healthy development process
• Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
• Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
• Demonstrates excelling business acumen, knows latest industry trends and is looked at as an internal expert on the product as well as the associated competitive landscape
• Mentor junior team members
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Technical Product Management/Agile SW Program Management
• GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Strong knowledge of Software Development principles
• Experience working in Agile engineering environment
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
• Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
• Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members
• Shows ability to effectively delegate work
GE Healthcare at http://www.gehealthcare.com provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Illinois, Wisconsin; Waukesha, Chicago
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.