General Electric Staff Software Architect - Edison Imaging Services in Loves Park, Illinois
The Staff Software Architect for the Global Imaging Technologies Edison Imaging Services team is a member of the team leading the Software architecture activities for the next gen Internet of Things (IOT) based Digital Imaging solutions in IAAS, PAAS, & SAAS layers. These solutions integrate SW apps, SW platforms, and compute HW from across the Imaging modalities and platform teams including technologies from GE Predix and other industry leading 3rd party app & Digital solution providers.
In addition to defining the next generation digital architecture for Imaging, you will be working on multiple Proof of Concept (POC) projects to evaluate & risk retire various technologies, partners, and solutions especially in the area of IOT on the Edge.
In this role you will:
• Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
• Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level.
• Participate in the EA (Enterprise Architecture) governance model.
• Support the development software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
• Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR Master’s degree with 6 years of relevant experience OR PhD with 3 years of relevant experience.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Must be willing to travel as needed (<10%)
• Exposure to iterative product development and program management techniques including Agile, FastWorks, and use of a CI/CD development pipeline
• Experience with IOT digital solution concepts such as cybersecurity, SW virtualization, SW containerization, connectivity protocols, microservice architecture, application design, data analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence (AI).
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
• Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction.
• Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
• Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
• Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
• Experience working with others on a global basis
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Coaches and mentors team members.
• Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
• Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
• Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
• Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
• Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
• Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Healthcare, we transform the way healthcare is delivered to patients globally. We are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, and analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Illinois, Wisconsin; Chicago, Waukesha
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.