General Electric Engineer - Testing in Loves Park, Illinois
Job Description Summary
Role Summary/Purpose :
This role will be working alongside a team of engineers of varying experience to develop and support products primarily in the aerospace market. This individual will be responsible for supporting product design engineering by leading the creation and execution of test procedures, the development of necessary test fixtures and root cause investigations related to all testing phases. This support includes new product development, field repairs, research, and production support.
Essential Responsibilities :
In addition, you will :
· Collaborate on aerospace test projects from initial design through release including:
Develop cost and schedule estimates as well as communicate current project status, issues, and developments
Design and write test procedures to meet test program needs
Instrument test setups for proper data acquisition
Creation and execution of verification and validation procedures
Prepare material for and participate in customer reviews and presentations
· Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard test engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
· Be responsible for the technical adequacy of test procedures, methods, and instrumentation to the test objectives stated by the lab customer.
· Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
· Ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with best engineering practices
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field from an accredited university or college
· Minimum of 1 years of experience in an engineering design or test development role.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
US person needed (will be supporting military projects)
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Fluency in the English language
Desired Characteristics :
· Highly motivated with ability to work independently
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Experience designing and operating test equipment in a high pressure, temperature and flow pneumatic environment
· Experience programming in LabVIEW
· Comfortable with “hands-on” activities including troubleshooting skills for mechanical or electrical equipment (including valves, compressors, plumbing, pneumatics, etc.)
· Experience designing test fixtures with Solidworks
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes