General Electric Controls Engineer - HC in Logan, Utah
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This is an exciting position where the Controls Engineer leads and assist in the development of process automation for manufacturing equipment used in the production of sera, liquid & dry powder media.
• Working as a team/project leader or a team member on projects
• The design, build, programming, installation, commissioning and validation of new control systems, along with maintaining and upgrading existing control systems.
• Maintaining and upgrading the facility infrastructure - water systems, HVAC, steam, etc.
• Install and maintain electrical control systems, motors, VFDs, valves and instrumentation.
• Developing and qualify processes to improve product quality by identifying manufacturing issues.
• Developing process and workstation designs to reduce cycle time and support the lean manufacturing initiative.
• Ensuring regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification.
• Determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance.
• Providing safe processes that comply with all local and federal regulations. Assure that corrective action is taken to resolve observed safety concerns in all areas.
• Working with Production Technicians to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Developing planned maintenance routines on production equipment and systems
• Providing technical leadership of automation systems for the maintenance and production teams.
• Degree in engineering or other technical degree or equivalent experience in automation and controls engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in automation/controls engineering
• Experience with PLC control systems – Allen Bradley and Siemens
• Programming skills; familiar with Ladder logic, Function Block, STL, Boolean logic and higher-level programming languages such as Visual Basic.
• Experience with automation networks; Device Net, Modbus, Profibus, and Ethernet IP
• Experience with automation safety systems and equipment guarding
• Experience with Electric Motor Control/Drive Configuration
• Familiar with NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, NFPA 79 and OSHA safety requirements
• Familiar with LAN networking, switches, data cabling and topology
• B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
• ISA-5.1 Instrumentation Symbols and Identification
• ISA-S88 Batch Control
• NEMA and IEC schematic diagrams
• Logix500\5000 Programming
• FactoryTalk View ME/SE
• Project Experience
• ISO-13489 – Machine Safety
• 21 CFR Parts 210 & 211 cGMP
Locations: United States; Utah; Logan
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.