General Electric Sr Sales Manager - Account Sales in Livingston, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
The primary responsibility of the role is to grow sales and the customer base in the Transmission and Distribution domain in the UK. In collaboration with the broader Grid Solution organisation as well as the other GE businesses grow the business and customer relations and transform into an order pipeline for Power Digital Grid Software Solutions products and services to end user customers within the UK.
Essential Responsibilities : The person may be designated specific opportunities to manage directly, and will support existing account management teams. Targets will be defined for both Sales quota in the assigned territory and Sales quota for the opportunities managed directly.
- Develop new market and customer opportunities within existing Key Accounts and potentially new customers and segments.
- Build customer relationships and communication at all levels
- Conduit for solutions, detailed understanding of customer's business model and how GE can continue to deliver added value to the customer
- Interface with and influence the marketing/commercialization organization to develop high value solutions and create customer specific (NPI) New product
- Investment and or (CFD) Customer Funded Development in line with portfolio strategy
- Matrix with existing functional and P&L teams to achieve growth objectives and resolve customer issues
- Collaborate with segment to share and develop strategies to be successful in all products and markets
- Collaborate with product management to share expected customer outcomes from our solutions and align to product roadmap strategy
- Monitor our customer satisfaction and ensure that action plans deliver corrective actions in case of customer complaints
- Assist in the go-to-market strategy for new software products, services or offerings
- Orchestrate the answers to RFP and spontaneous or unsolicited offers with respect to the process in place
- Support Negotiations of contracts and close deals
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting; compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions;
- Pro-actively listen, learn and empower others to be successful and to inspire and lead to drive accountability and to deliver results with absolute integrity
- Provide market and customer feedback to Region, Segment and product line organisation, including product development needs, market trends, pricing and competition.
Qualifications/Requirements : - Degree in Business, Engineering or other technical or business field. - Demonstrable record of C-suite technical and commercial presentation skills - Extensive consultative and software sales experience in the Energy Utilities business - Knowledge of Information Technology (IT) and Operating Technology (OT) industries (software products, markets, technology trends). - Knowledge of energy value chain, the transmission and distribution segment, including technology trends and future challenges - Working knowledge of Energy sector regulatory incentives and innovation mechanisms in UK and Ireland - Customer oriented/Growth mindset - Must be able to generate immediate credibility on different key customer relationships and to promote win-win sales strategies. - First class sales acumen with strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills. Excellent negotiating & closing skills. - Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationships / team building. - Unyielding commitment to integrity and the GE values - Proactive work style, creativity, energy. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a distributed, pan-European and matrix sales structure. Self-starter with high energy level is key to success in this position. - Language: fluent in English - Availability for frequent travels to customer locations and other GE properties, with occasional overseas travel
Desired Characteristics : - Software sales experience to large corporations - Knowledge of selling to regulated industries
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :