General Electric Country Sales Leader - Ireland in Lisburn, United Kingdom
Role Summary:Leading the Ireland Commercial Organisation, the Job Holder manages the activities of Grid Solutions for the local markets within the frame of budget and policies approved by the different Businesses, with the short and long-term objectives being to satisfy Customers and achieve Grid Solution’s growth and profit targets.
The Job Holder is the Interface Manager with the GE Grid Product Line/Business Units, promoting strong teamwork amongst the Sales Community.
Order Intake Targets
- Define the Strategy for Ireland Customers. Propose and commit to the order intake budget and forecast, margin on incoming orders for GE Grid Solutions and for each Business Unit. Delivery of the Ireland Commercial Action Plan.
Sales Force Management
- Validate, monitor and follow-up the Action Plan of the Key Account Managers and Product Sales Specialists in order to improve Sales performance. Deploy the Sales Force by Customer and Segment.
- Promote strong working relationships between the Product Lines and Business Units. Communicate on a regular basis in order to cascade information on Market, Business and Sector Strategies and results.
External Relations/ Business Development
- Regular Customer meetings, including representatives of external Regulatory and Governmental Bodies as necessary to identify business opportunities for Grid. Customer Visits to be scheduled and completed in line with the Customer Account Plans. Position Grid Solutions as a recognized industry thought leader in Ireland through regular technical workshops
- Support the Irish Businesses and Commercial Managers in addressing Customer needs and resolving difficulties which may arise. Continued focus on developing ever improved Customer intimacy.
- Manage Ireland Sales costs in line with agreed Budgets.
Systems and Processes
- Use of all Sales Community tools and processes e.g., SPEAK, MASS Market Assessment
- Ensure that all Business Units and Product Lines are satisfied with the performance and allocation of sales resources.
Engineering degree qualified or equivalent knowledge or experience
Solid experience in leading a Commercial team oriented towards solutions to customer problems
Successful exposure to a high competitive market
Able to build strategic plans and experienced in regular follow-up with teams
Experienced in building intimate relationship with customers at CEO/Strategic levels by being seen as a contributor to customer strategic challenges
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, capable of influencing and driving a strategic change agenda, leading by example to drive team performance
Enthusiasm for change and innovation (solutions, methods, organizations, ownerships, …)
Capable of adapting own style of management to autonomy level of team member
Able to build efficient internal network with key stakeholders in Ireland and the wider GE business
Willing to travel outside of Ireland ( limited )
Appetite to develop teams of diverse background and levels
Excellent communicator (written and oral).
About Us:GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us at GE Renewable Energy.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.Additional Locations:United Kingdom;Lisburn;