General Electric Software Engineer - Pressure Engineering in Leicester, United Kingdom
Role Summary:The Software Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
Essential Responsibilities:· Software development and maintenance of components, systems and their networks
· Analyze user needs to design and code
· Program (in C, C++, Java, etc.) all applications, components and interfaces
· Work closely with the business unit to ensure application development meets product specification requirements
· Work closely with other engineering teams, partners and vendors to ensure inter-operability and reuse
· Design, implement and test software, ensuring quality specifications are met.
· Participate actively in design and code reviews
· Drive performance and reliability enhancements
· Close interaction with customers to drive requirements and customer satisfaction
Qualifications/Requirements:· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in an IT or engineering position)
Desired Characteristics:· Additional experience with code-writing in a variety of programming languages
· Exposure to Microsoft Technologies, .NET, DCOM, ATL, VC++, VB, SQL Server, Internet Technologies, SOA, Java, JBOSS, or XML
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Additional Locations:United Kingdom;Leicester;