General Electric Lead Software Engineer- Pressure Engineering in Leicester, United Kingdom
BHGE (Druck Ltd) pressure sensors and instrumentation products are market leaders across the globe. Whether you’re flying in the stratosphere, drilling on the sea bed, or somewhere in between, Druck has the sensor technology our customers trust. Your ideas and expertise will enhance our business. All of our sensors and instrument products are developed in house, and you’ll be exposed to the whole development lifecycle.
We are recruiting a Senior/Lead Software Engineer into our 100 strong Engineering Team supporting projects in industries such as automotive (including F1), metrological, Hydrology and oil & gas. With a desire to attract Engineers who value varied team work and being challenged in technical problem solving, we are offering an attractive salary & benefits package and development opportunities.
• Reporting to the Software Manager, providing technical leadership of small teams of software engineers.
• Ensuring requirements are captured, specified & translated correctly into cohesive development & verification plans.
• Experience of implementing embedded firmware with an RTOS (e.g. uC/OS, Free RTOS).
• Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++/C#)
• Implementation of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
• Debugging and problem investigation of software/firmware
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions.
• Potential to work upon the development, programming and debugging of software including:
o Embedded platforms (including use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, etc.)
o Mobile/Tablet platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux).
o Web applications (e.g. Java, C#, Spring, Maven, etc).
o Desktop software (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio).
• Verification and testing of software/firmware (e.g. Robot Framework).
• Solid commercial experience with demonstrable effective project leadership using SW development full-lifecycle, including requirements and reviews
• Developing drivers (C++/COM) for embedded systems.
• Development of STM32 and similar microprocessor and microcontroller software
• Strong knowledge of hardware level interfacing (e.g. device drivers)
• Production of architectural and detailed designs
• Interpretation and understanding of hardware datasheets and device capabilities
• Strong time management skills, work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
• Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites
• Awareness of cybersecurity related issues and potential countermeasures
• Work within an Agile development environment – ideally seasoned Scrum Master qualified
• Low-Level (Unit) Testing (LLT) using industry recognised software.
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering
• Development of instrumentation and sensor/metrology related software solutions
• Experience with Change and Configuration tools
• Reviewing marketing information and creating design specifications
• Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
• Manufacturing support and ability to solve manufacturing related problems quickly
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo at http://www.twitter.com/BHGECo , or visit us at BHGE.com .
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester