General Electric Embedded UX/UI Software Engineer in Leicester, United Kingdom
We are recruiting an Embedded UX/UI Software Engineer into our 100 strong Engineering Team supporting projects in industries such as automotive (including F1), metrological, Hydrology and oil & gas. With a desire to attract Engineers who value varied team work and being challenged in technical problem solving, we are offering an attractive salary & benefits package and development opportunities.
BHGE Measurement & Sensing (Druck Ltd), design and manufacture a range of sensors and instrumentation products that are utilised in a vast array of market segments. BHGE employs approximately 39,000 people worldwide. We have a Team of 600 employees on our site in North West Leicestershire. As an entry level Software Engineer you’ll find yourself in a dynamic, goal-oriented environment, working with the newest and most innovative technologies in the energy industry.
• Reporting to the Software Manager, providing technical solutions for database applications.
• Web Server administration, installation and security
• Developing embedded applications using, for example, HTML5, Java, Maven, JSON, Restful-API
• Writing of debug level software
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions.
• Potential to work upon the development, programming and debugging of software including:
o Embedded platforms (including use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, etc.)
o Mobile/Tablet platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux).
o Web applications (e.g. Java, C#, Spring, Maven, etc).
o Desktop software (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio).
• Verification and testing of software/firmware (e.g. Robot Framework).
• Solid commercial experience with SW development full-lifecycle, including requirements and reviews
• Embedded C, Java, and Java Script programming and development experience
• Experienced HTML5 developer capable of delivering solid OO design using Test Driven Development
• Apache Web Server admin experienced in config, deployment & security (ideally on Linux platforms)
• Production of architectural and detailed designs
• Strong time management skills, work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
• Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites
• Work within an Agile development environment
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Software Engineering
• Development of software architectural design and detailed design using UML including design for test
• Experience with Build/Continuous Integration tools, such as Maven, Github, Jenkins, etc.
• High standard of documentation
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo at http://www.twitter.com/BHGECo , or visit us at BHGE.com .
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester