General Electric Product Sales Specialist- WHC Ultrasound in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Role Summary:The role is responsible for creating product strategy and winning sales opportunities for Women Healthcare Ultrasound products/solutions/services in an Malaysia, channels or in a list of named accounts or both. He/she may work individually in an account or territory and with GE Channels/ Dealers, or where applicable and act as part of a One GE Healthcare team to achieve targeted sales and profit objectives for the modality.
Essential Responsibilities:Financial Performance
• Is accountable to achieve Product/Solutions/Service orders and sales OP target for assigned accounts, Channels and or territory
• Provide input to deal pricing strategy and ensure pricing compliance for segment opportunities.
• Forecast orders and sales with sales accounts and Channels and reports for their products/solutions/services in their assigned territory/accounts
Territory & Account Management
• Create business plans for assigned accounts and Channels including, but not limited to opportunity development, competitive strategies and targets
• Build strong business relationships and formulate account strategies and plans to continuously strengthen relationships within the assigned accounts/ territory. Identify & respond to key account technical and departmental decision makers’ needs and maintain customer contact records in the relevant CRM tools
• Continuously develop and improve a network of key opinion leaders within the assigned territory
• Track and communicate market trends to/from the field including competitor data, and develop and lead effective counter-strategies
• Develop long-term customer relationships, KOL/Advocates, Show site management and customer satisfaction and drive growth in association with the Product Marketing Leader and clinical application specialists
Product & Market Expertise
• Formulate and implement solid go to market strategies and clinical differentiation to secure market share and profitable business growth in association with the Product Marketing Leader
• Maintain up to date detailed knowledge of their product / services. Be able to present and discuss the technology and clinical benefits in terms which are relevant to customers •Maintain up to date market and competitor knowledge related to their product/solutions/services
• Continuously update their understanding the customers changing clinical and/or operational issues and challenges
• Create viable product configurations which meet customer needs effectively, while achieving optimum margin for GE
• Differentiate assigned product offering during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using GE resources and approved product marketing and product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision-making process towards a successful outcome for GE
• Represent the company at relevant medical conferences and technical exhibitions to promote product/solution and company
• Support trades shows and professional conferences by performing product demonstration and promotion as well as customer training
• Identify and create new opportunities and work with Sales Leaders, Account teams and GE Channel (where applicable) to continuously increase prospect funnel.
• Drive tender/bid process including the needs qualification, vendor selection, quotation and closure of their product/solution/service opportunities to meet orders, sales and margin targets as well as to maximize customer satisfaction assigned territory.
• Create and maintain opportunities in the applicable sales funnel tool and/or CRM tools. • Ownership of order and configuration quality at the point of entry to ensure accuracy, configuration integrity and that all requirements are tied to documented customer inputs.
Quality Specific Goals
• Be aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Maintain knowledge of and understand all applicable Global and Regional Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or Local/ Int’l Law is broken.
Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 2 years of selling experience in a medical, healthcare or technical field (e.g. biomedical engineering, medical physics) or Life Sciences field
Previous experience in the Healthcare Industry
Ability to interface with both internal team members and external customers as part of solutions-based sales approach
Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
Strong capacity and drive to develop career
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language as well as good command of English
Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent negotiation & closing skills
Strong presentation skills
Able to travel
Valid motor vehicle license
• Proven and progressive previous experience in sales/services/promotion to C-suite and technical decision makers e.g. CEOs, Strategic Planning Directors, Facilities/Estates managers, Biomedical Engineers, nursing staff, medical specialty staff (Anesthesiology, Radiology, Intensive care, Nuclear Physicists, Surgery Department, etc.)
Desired Characteristics:Preferred Qualifications:
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
Effective problem identification and solution skills.
Proven analytical and organizational ability.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Malaysia;Kuala Lumpur;