General Electric Lead Specialist Operational EHS - Services and Projects in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job Description Summary
• Be the point of contact for (Environment Health Safety) EHS-related project matters, guide, coach and assist the Site EHS Manager and perform EHS duties at project management level including setting up the organization, providing regular (daily/weekly) feedback to the Region EHS head, Project Director (PDs), Project Manager (PMs), Site Manager (SIMs).
•Deal with Customer project EHS representative for project specific EHS-related matters together with the Site EHS Manager.
• Join periodic meetings organized by Order to Remittance (OTR) Region EHS Leader and Global Project EHS head
• Be involved in overall GPS Projects EHS auditing program across Taiwan and assisting other countries as and when required with priority on Taiwan.
• Be the focal point of (Inquiry to remittent) ITO/OTR handover for EHS related matters for Asia projects
Roles and Responsibilities
Be the EHS point of contact for the project team.
Liaise with customer and subcontractors’ representatives at project level.
Identification, hiring, training and mobilization of site EHS staff.
Train Site EHS Manager in GE specific EHS programs/personal development, etc.
Set clear personal objectives for Site EHS Managers.
Ensure all training program for Site Personnel are carried out as planned
Ensure all system tools (Smart sheet, Gen suite ComplyWorks) related data are updated by the Site EHS personnel
Ensure clear division of responsibilities of all Site EHS team members.
Providing access to and training of relevant site staff on Gen suite to be used on the project, after creation of the department / sub-department in the relevant Gen suite Gas Power System (GPS) Project's regional site and activation of such modules when needed. Ensure suitable use of applicable Gen suite reporting and assisting of EHS processes.
Prepare periodic project EHS reporting / KPIs in line with the organization’s requirements and communicate it to relevant distribution list.
Prepare the first issuance of the required project-specific EHS documentation, including but not limited to site EHS plan, environmental management plan, emergency response plan and traffic management plan, considering legal (including permits) and contractual requirements, as well as other defenses required. For such preparation, the Project EHS Manager shall receive input or seek advice from legal experts.
Guide project EHS kick-off meeting with partner if any.
Develop effective project EHS communication mechanism. Including the EHS Safe & Sound.
Perform the initial review of the site EHS action plan to be deployed at project start. Establish and assign further EHS actions for continuous improvement at site whenever required
Perform the onboarding process of new Site EHS Managers.
Follow-up with the GE Site EHS Manager on the deployment and maintenance of a consistent site EHS management at site where GE is guiding the site. Track and assist deployment of any EHS initiative or changes in the EHS requirements for the project, and diligently assist the project to achieve EHS excellence.
Review Commissioning Safety Rule / LoTo procedures prepared by Partner or EPC contractor.
Provide continuous assist and mentoring to the site EHS manager, including periodic planned calls (monthly as a minimum).
Perform project internal EHS audits according to the GPS EHS audit strategy.
Assist the Project Engineering Manager in his duties of ensuring safe design of the plant/systems delivered by GE.
Deliver face-to-face EHS trainings as and when required according to the OTR EHS training strategy.
Conduct EHS Leadership/coaching and intervention training for all identified site team members
Closely follow-up or be involved in EHS event analysis for level A, B or Potential Severe Event (PSE )EHS events.
Ensure project EHS close-out for lessons-learned and continuous improvement are captured.
Overall control of project EHS budget.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering
Green book holder
5 years Power generation industry experience
5 years EPC experience
8 years of working experience
Experience in handling multiple EPC projects simultaneously
Certified Safety and Health Officer - by JKKP - Malaysia
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to examine and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills."We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging"
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes