General Electric HR Manager, Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The HR Manager is the first point of contact for managers and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. This role is critical in executing our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement to ensure the best employee experience for the Healthcare team. He/she will report to the Regional Healthcare Senior HR Business Partner.
• Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource.
• Partner with HR Business Partners to execute business-specific HR strategies.
• Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate.
• Serve as the Human Resources/Employee Resources Team subject matter expert for one HR specialty area (GME, Immigration, Staffing, Payroll/Benefits, etc.) including managing all complex and escalated cases as well as providing training and support to other team members at your site/region.
• Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved.
• Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment.
• Lead key HR processes including compensation planning, performance management and compliance etc.
• Conduct HR training and support for functional processes covering the employee life cycle, such as performance management, reward, succession planning, selection and retention, employee advocacy, engagement, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation.
• Oversee change projects within business such as restructuring, changes to terms & conditions/benefits, organizational changes.
• Exercise good judgment and decision-making in the best interest of maintaining amenable labor-management relations.
• Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence, and in some circumstances,
making recommendations to the business on disciplinary action.
• Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
• 4-7 years of professional work in the Human Resources function in an international HR environment
• Established organizational, planning and project management abilities
• Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
• Ability to make executive level presentations.
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills.
• Excellent English
• Strong internal and external customer service focus, with a genuine desire to assist others and outside your local boundaries
• Prior experience leading a team of professionals, in a type of open and experimental environment
• Enthusiastic team player with a fastworks mentality and open to innovate
• Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
• Comfortable with high volume workload and able to manage multiple priorities: ability to prioritize
• Not afraid to "roll up your sleeves" and get involved in details
• Strong presentation skills and facilitation experience, needed to effectively deliver a variety of HR-related training programs to groups of managers/colleagues
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented (especially with regard to effectively managing and documenting employee relations issues and investigations)
• Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
• Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur