General Electric Global Operations HSE Leader – APAC in KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
ABOUT THIS JOB
This visible role will have a large influence in the area of Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) for the Asia Pacific area. The position reports to the HSE Leader Global Operations and will engage significantly with the Leadership Team for Asia Pacific operations. This position is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
· Drive the HSE ownership in the APAC area and across the enterprise to high levels of performance as evidenced by a track record of consistent delivery and development of strategies supporting the business.
· Accountable for directing within the APAC area a responsible enterprise-wide policy with respect to preserving the environment and protecting the health and safety of employees.
· Direct a high performing team of HSE professionals in demanding environments and set high expectations and take accountability for the performance, reliability and responsiveness of HSE staff, their pace and urgency in implementing safety and environmental programs.
· Identify and attract key individuals with the critical capabilities needed by the current organization.
· Direct regional HSE strategies that position the business to shape and capitalize on emerging customer and market needs.
· Create and imbed a continued safety culture shift throughout the region.
· Play a leadership role in shaping and delivering the Interdependent Safety Culture.
· Champion breakthrough ideas and initiatives.
· May take an active and effective stance in representing the company in external industry communities.
· Identify and anticipate customer requirements, expectations and needs and serves as the senior level point of contact on HSE related issues
· Be an agent for change and a driver of high performance.
· Demonstrate personal flexibility to adapt and compromise when necessary while actively contributing new thinking and innovation to the broader organization.
· Be proactive on enterprise and emerging issues, regulatory issues and industry trends.
· Take corrective action on programs (new or legacy) that are underperforming.
· Build relationships with others and uses the informal structure and culture of the organization to get things accomplished.
· Handles special projects as assigned.
Bachelor degree in Health Safety or Environmental discipline or related field
10+ years HSE experience
5 years in management
HSE reporting record keeping and technical aspects
Process safety management and root cause analysis experience
Experience working with executive leadership
HSE Professional Certification (i.e. CSP, CIH, PE)
Proven track record of improving HSE performance
Up to 35% travel.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong negotiation skills.
Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries, functions, and/or geographies.
Extensive knowledge of business plans, customer requirements, and customer demands.
Ability to build rapport and influence across geography and product companies.
Ability to manage and develop complex teams.
Must have demonstrable experience in changing work environments.
Ability to coach and mentor employees.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur; KUALA LUMPUR