General Electric Engineering Intern in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Role Summary:During the program GE will provide assignments, projects & tasks that is related to project engineering where the intern can develop Leadership Capabilities, communication skills and introduce him/her to the work environment. He/she will have the opportunity to gain exposure in power plant engineering practices which will benefit his/her learning journey.
Essential Responsibilities:• October intake (available to do 6-12 months of internship)
• Supporting engineers to prepare and update engineering documents and reports as per project requirement.
• Support engineers to review mechanical, electrical, civil drawings and documents from other internal function, Vendor and Partner.
• Supporting Lead Engineer in coordinating Project internal team meeting, MoM and follow-up with global project team members.
• Supporting Lead Engineer on Plant 3D Model Review and Coordination.
• Support Design Review and quality check documentation.
• Support other engineering functional tasks/assignment.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor of engineering in Mechanical or equivalent.
• Should be a student during the internship period (will be prioritize for selection). Students who already graduated earlier this year or graduating prior to the internship period will also be consider.
• PC literate (MS Office)
• Good command of written & spoken English
• Ability to speak and write in Mandarin is an advantage as this role supports Taiwan projects
Desired Characteristics:• Ability to work independently and possess excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
• Able to work in a team-working environment with minimum supervision
• Passionate about learning in technical and decision making
• “Out of box mindset" to solve technical problems
• Demonstrated ability to connect well with diverse groups of people
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Malaysia;Kuala Lumpur;