General Electric Sr Enterprise Application Engineer in Krakow, Poland
Job Description Summary
As the Sr Enterprise Application Engineer, you will be working on multiple projects as a technical expert or internal consultant. Individual in this role will be closely working with technical architect, functional architect and technical
support team members for delivering the digital logistics solutions by designing & developing new features for OTM & Supporting Applications.
Primary focus area will include Core OTM Development & Enhancements, Logistics rate management and deployment/initiative support. You will closely work with functional teams from all over the world for finalizing the rates to be used for specific carrier.
Your role will also be focused on designing & developing new solutions for logistics issues. With growing OTM landscape, you will be introduced to regional implementation of OTM product inside the organization.
Regional Deployments will include travelling to multiple
sites and working closely with functional users by understanding the business processes.
Overall, this role will be a great steppingstone for an individual looking for making an impact in never expiring and ever-growing logistic supply chain industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Showcase technical expertise and working knowledge of Oracle Transportation management product modules - Core OTM, Operational Planning being primary focus.
• Understanding the functional requirements, learning and becoming technical lead for Rate Management feature
in Oracle Transportation Management working closely with functional partners & consultants.
• Working knowledge of Oracle databases, including SQL and PL / SQL. (Exposure to Python, Django Framework will be beneficial but not necessary)
• Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level.
• Work on new OTM feature and Supporting Application development/enhancements. Demonstrate the abilities to identify apt technical solutions for business problems.
• Work closely with functional architects and build a good working connection with European manufacturing & distribution logistics userbase.
• Monitor the OTM Partner interfaces and have close working connection with Carrier teams.
• Basic understanding of freight pay and billing module. Exposure to BI Publisher or Transportation Intelligence will be beneficial.
• During regional deployments, possibility of travel and working closely with functional partners for understanding
business process and mapping them into OTM.
• Translate functional business needs to technical design requirements by understanding the business language
and the technical specs while guiding OTM end user support team with critical issues.
• Uses judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more
complicated logistics processes with technical outside the box thinking.
• Support design and deployment of infrastructure solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, TCO, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities, for different businesses.
• Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends in logistics technologies to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
• Creative and passionate about solving problems.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new concepts and analyze system deficiencies
• Passionate about security and the quality of the applications they support
• Interested to be part of a technical core team of soon to be independent Healthcare Organization which helps in times that matter. (GE Healthcare Spin-off)
• Organized, thorough, and detail oriented.
• Collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Eager to learn, shares ideas, encourages and accepts feedback well.
• Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
• Interested in current and emerging technologies
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes from the customer's viewpoint
• Experience working with an off-shore development team
• High level of energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
• Involvement or Exposure to multiple OTM deployments (On-prem or Cloud)
• Involvement in multiple OTM application upgrades
• Experience with Oracle Transportation Management On-Prem Or Cloud versions (preferred) or Other TMS platforms.
• Relevant experience 6-8 years. Overall Experience 6+ years.(Skills will be given higher weightage than number of years.)
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes