General Electric Sr Data Engineer in Krakow, Poland
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges by leveraging data and analytics. The Senior Data Engineer will work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions, working across GE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.
• Implement Data warehouse & Big/Small data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities.
• Integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements.
• Look across multiple systems, understands the purpose of each system and defines data requirements by systems.
• Identify downstream implications of data loads/migration (e.g., data quality, regulatory, etc).
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) with strong experience as data engineer.
• Proficiency in working with data warehousing, senior experience in SQL
• Critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Uses teamwork skills to achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict.
• Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to support multiple initiatives simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Nice to have experience using Teradata and Informatica ecosystems
• Nice to have experience using Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc)
Locations: Poland; Krakow