General Electric SR. DIRECTOR, new plants and capacity expansions in Kolding, Denmark
Job Description Summary
The Senior Director Footprint is responsible for delivering ready-to-run blade manufacturing plants and capacity additions to the LM Global Manufacturing organization. Projects can be greenfield or brownfield plants, and in some cases plant extensions. Particular focus is on health & safety, on-time delivery, cost control, compliance and quality. You will be the main point of contact for investors, design institutes, contractors and sub-contractors, internal support functions, and the steering committee and you will demonstrate full accountability for the project goals. The Sr. Director reports to the VP for Manufacturing & Industrial Strategy.
You will join a truly global organization and lead the Footprint team consisting of 20 employees (project directors, project managers, construction managers and engineers) located in Americas, India, Poland, China, and Denmark.
Key responsibilities include:
• Define, monitor, and report KPIs to ensure the new capacity projects are delivered according to plans and commitments, adjust plans when necessary, and communicate proactively to key stakeholders internally and externally
• Drive a culture of safety, integrity, and compliance and lead by example
• Inspire and motivate your teams, and provide leadership and direction towards execution of projects and business goals with suppliers, contractors and stakeholders.
• Ensure project execution according to the New Capacity Handbook and Organization Guidelines, and make sure that these standards are being kept up to date
• Be an active contributor in the pre-project phase to ensure design quality standards are right and competitive while ensuring permits are requested and approved.
• Ensure successful construction and execution phase to meet quality, budget, and timeline for construction, technology transfers, hiring & training and the preparation for production.
• Be a role model: respect and adapt local cultures and habits while being compliant to legislation and company policies.
• Drive an inclusive collaboration and cross-functional partnership with LM Wind Power plants (customer), and other supporting and global functions
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or civil engineering
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in design, construction, execution and commissioning of large production facilities, including selection of the best project and tender structure for a given project
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing complex capacity projects, preferably with plant leader experience
• A strong and experienced negotiator.
• International experience and cultural awareness covering Americas, Europe, India and China
• Knowledge of blade manufacturing is preferable
• Strong English language skill (verbal and writing), preferably combined with other language skills
• Strong knowledge of the disciplines of building new capacity such as specifying and assessing plant designs, permitting and infrastructure, understanding of environmental requirements (e.g. air-handling and filtering), policies and regulations established internally as well as state and local laws
• Strong project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple priorities and work through ambiguity to deliver results
• Understanding customer commitments and considering the external impact of business activities and decisions on the external environment
• Demonstrated project management and leadership to successfully deliver on our customer commitments by driving efficiency and accountability in the project team through engagement, safety and high performing teamwork
• Strong stakeholder management skills (investors, suppliers, internal customers & stakeholders, authorities etc.).
• Manufacturing and Supply Chain management acumen, preferably combined with financial knowledge
• Understanding of transport requirements and solutions, including procedures and duties to import of equipment
• Strong and inclusive communicator, with experience in communicating to a diverse audience
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes