General Electric Field Engineer (Field Service and Technical Advising Specialist) in Kobe, Japan
Technical advices at site on repair and maintenance (installation) of Steam Power (Thermal power generation equipment, especially environmental control system equipment/Dust collector, Thermal Oxidizer & etc.) to the construction contractors.
· Technical advice to customers concerning maintenance
· Periodic inspection and calibration of equipment to ensure stable operation.
· Preparation of documents required for on-site work (construction), preparation of work procedures, construction plan and preparation of reports after completion of work.
· Planning and implementation of safety measures for on-site work
· Process management related to on-site construction work
· Quality control related to on-site construction work
· Safety management on site construction work
· Preparation, implementation and management of on-site construction work procedures
· Schedule management of construction instructors.
· Education of construction instructor
· Storage and management of construction records.
· Creation, implementation and confirmation of emergency countermeasures and corrective proposals for nonconformity work and products due to on-site construction work.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years)
· English skills (above daily conversation level, business level preferred)
· Engineering experience in heavy industry, electric power, plant engineering company
· ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Willingness and ability to travel
Must have a valid driver’s license
· Person who wants to engage in business with global perspective
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred
· Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
· Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
· Strong customer service mindset
· Prior field engineering experience is preferred
· Strong organizational skills
· Prior project management experience is preferred
· Strong project management skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Japan; Kobe