General Electric Remanufacturing Technician (All Shifts) in Kansas City, Missouri
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Perform disassembly, clean, requalification, rework and assembly operations on Traction Motor Combo component utilizing manual equipment and automated equipment in accordance with manufacturing and quality procedures. Inspect work completed on components to internal inspection criteria in compliance with quality and engineering requirements.
• Perform work in a safe manner in compliance with all EHS guidelines and policies
• Responsible for the quality of work performed, from prescribed methods, quality and planning instruction in oral and/or written form
• Responsible to perform work in support of lean manufacturing principals such as but not limited to 6s or single piece flow to required takt time
• Provide manufacturing support for manufacture or remanufacture of Traction Motor Combo components for the facility
• Perform disassembly, clean, requalification, rework and assembly operations on Traction Motor Combo component utilizing manual equipment and automated equipment in accordance with manufacturing and quality procedures when required
• Utilize manual and automated production equipment, various hydraulic or pneumatic tools for completion of responsibilities in accordance with in-house manufacturing and quality procedures to ensure all products meet specified requirements
• Inspect work completed on components to internal inspection criteria for compliance with quality or engineering requirements utilizing fixtures, precision measuring devices and/or testing protocols
• In some cases, may have to perform special process such as welding or non-destructive testing which will require special process training or certification
• Sign-off on the process documentation for each of the work steps performed
• Process components in compliance with internal processing requirements
• Maintain acceptable defect rates
• Successfully complete training requirements
• Perform all other related duties as assigned
• High School Graduate / GED
• Minimum of 1 year of related experience in a manufacturing environment
• Successful completion of training requirements
• Where applicable, trained in special processes such as but not limited to quality audits, welding, or non-destructive testing
• Demonstrated knowledge of safe use of manual equipment and hand tools for assigned product lines.
• Demonstrated knowledge of EHS procedures and policies
• Demonstrated working knowledge and use of inspection measurement equipment
• Demonstrated understanding of all manufacturing and quality procedures associated with assigned product line in a lean manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to safely complete job tasks utilizing lifting cranes, forklifts, pallet jacks
• Knowledge of safe use of manual equipment and hand tools for assigned product lines
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Attention to detail and numbers oriented; team player, customer focused, positive attitude
Locations: United States; Missouri; Kansas City
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.