General Electric Lead Manager - EHS Governance in Kakinada, India
The HSE Lead is overall responsible for the HSE follow up in the onshore and offshore operations linked to the sites including remote locations. The position will play an important role in advancing HSE Culture, Process Safety awareness, Risk reduction and assessment initiatives across operations in region.
• Responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining HSE Systems and ensuring that all operations are integrated. Collaborate to leverage best practices.
• Shall provide leadership throughout the organization with regards to the development and compliance with HSE processes.
• Advise local management to improve HSE performance, and drive a proactive approach towards HSE matters. Monitor data to assess HSE challenges, and to develop approaches to control and improve.
• Contribute to develop, communicate and implement short and long-term HSE strategy that aligns with regional business cycle growth.
• External and internal customer focus, strong commitment to the operationalization of HSE activity.
• Lead in complying with all applicable HSE rules, regulations and BHGE HSE policies.
• Ensure HSE plans, metrics and KPI’s are implemented and followed up.
• Advise management team of relevant HSE legislative/regulatory/company/industry requirements and changes.
• Follow up on external medical health care provider and various suppliers relevant for the work
• Responsible for verification activities such as HSE audits and workplace HSE inspections.
• Participate in tender process as needed
• Facilitate risk analysis and investigations as needed.
• Educate, guide and train employees and new employees in HSE related matters
• Interactions with public authorities
• Strong working experience in HSE in Oil and Gas industry.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (English language required)
• In-depth knowledge of Norwegian HSE regulations and relevant standards.
• Supervision/Management experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or a high school diploma or similar
• Relevant experience from a workshop and/or offshore working environment would be an asset
• Health, Safety and Environmental Certifications (i.e. NEBOSH or equivalent) would be an asset
• Strong communicator
• Results driven
• Methodical and highly structured
Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Locations: India; Kakinada