General Electric Validation-Engineer for Automation Software (f/m) in Jenbach, Austria
We are looking for a Validation-Engineer for Automation Software (f/m), Job #3131099
Validation of software used for the automation of systems for combustion engines.
• Creation of test runs and validation plans based on software specifications and other technical documentation.
• Automation of test runs and increase of test coverage.
• Creation and extension of simulation models for test procedures.
• Development of processes for systematic execution of recurring validation steps (regression test).
• Ensuring the quality, speed and accuracy of the tests.
• Execution of software tests on simulation models, in laboratories and on engine test benches.
• Working in a team with intensive cooperation with system managers.
• Work with modern development processes (agile, V-model) and tools (WinMod, Automation Studio).
• Application of standards, design regulations and legal requirements.
• Present test results through meaningful reports (ideally automated).
• Higher technical school with professional experience as software tester, Bachelor (or comparable) with profound knowledge of software validation.
• Experience in the field of simulation models of hydraulic and electrical systems.
• Knowledge of the PLC coding according to IEC 61131 (structured text) and ANSI C
• Experience in software development for embedded systems (µControllers, industrial controls).
• Used to working in an international environment with good oral and written communication skills in German and English.
• A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application).
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 2785.54 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Locations: Austria; Jenbach