General Electric Senior Staff Project Manager in Jandakot, Australia
Job Description Summary
Overview: The Senior Staff Project Manager is responsible for the implementation of GE software product for customers in the APAC region to meet the schedule, cost and quality commitments. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes. In this role you will utilize your experience and/or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
• Plan and implement projects at various customer work sites in APAC, including the activities of global and regional staff and subcontractors
• Primary customer contact for the duration of each project. May commission, resolve specific issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate/coordinate with staff as appropriate
• Proactively provide customers with product and services information and project updates
• Responsible for scope management (change requests assessment), risk management and problem management.
• Identify opportunities for customers to get the best value out of GE software
• Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
• Lead a varied staff that will include employees, customers, partner companies, or subcontractors in support of project execution
• Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
• Take part in the writing of reports that describe the status/results of a project
• Participate in the development of proposals for projects
• Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
• Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
• Negotiate change orders with the customers
• Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in software services, or equivalent (defined as: High School Diploma and 9+ years progressive experience in software services).
5+ years customer relationship management experience.
Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives
Experience working with senior leaders, including accountability for customer satisfaction and/or issue resolution
Strong track record working in cross-functional teams.
Prior project leadership experience and exceptional interpersonal skills
Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
• Previous experience in the software industry, preferably software services
• Understanding of GE software products
• Instructs others on how to thoroughly analyze data and present findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for key stakeholders to make decisions; links analysis to overall business objectives and strategies.
• Can instruct others on processes and procedures. Advises the customer on most favorable outcome, anticipates potential issues to proactively circumvent issues. Adapts to exceptions and develops new procedures and workarounds for others to use. Resolves issues pertaining to scope, schedule and budget, or drive change management. Defines quality requirements.
• Modifies processes to simplify.
• Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues. Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions across disparate functions. Embraces uncertainty, isolates root causes and implement corrective actions to evolve long term organizational best practices. Coaches others on troubleshooting and problem solving techniques. Serves as expert to solve highly critical escalated issues. Business Acumen:
• Communicates the importance of understanding customer's business strategies to become an advocate for profitability on behalf of the customer - actively reviews accounts, meets with customers, observes sales force, etc. Coaches/mentors peers and others on the relationship between GE solutions and value to the customer.
• Uncovers and articulates critical success factors necessary for the customer to acquire, implement, and utilize a solution; assists customer in identifying shortcomings even when they may delay a commercial decision; utilizes GE experts to propose creative ways for the customer to master the critical success factors; articulates a roadmap that provides a high likelihood of the customer realizing expected business benefits and other key stakeholders achieving desired personal success; is accountable for overall customer success.
• Coaches/mentors others on best practices for project delivery and execution. Acts as advisor to others in the area of customer satisfaction; focuses on tangible and intangible benefits to ensure customer awareness and satisfaction. Leadership:
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Navigates accountability in a matrixed organization. Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
• Establishes & communicates team members' roles in relation to their function and data. Shares knowledge, power and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill. Coordinates role responsibilities with that of others to achieve mutual goals. Encourages groups to work together to efficiently resolve problems. Proactively coaches and/or mentor’s others to improve their contribution to the team. Fosters relationship building between team members and those outside the team. Works with others to achieve goals without regard to band/title. Identifies gaps in roles on teams, and is recognized for growing and distributing talent pools across the organization. Personal Attributes:
• Demonstrates a passion for work and for continual learning. Persistently seeks to accomplish challenges and approaches difficult situations with optimism. Encourages their team's commitment to GE's corporate goals and beliefs. Identifies new opportunities by creating bonds of trust with customers. Creates a team environment where people are motivated, share more, are highly engaged, and ultimately perform better. Evangelizes the value of a human-focused perspective in product management.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes