General Electric Staff Software Engineer (Remote) in Istanbul, Turkey
Job Description Summary
Our customers are on the front lines of the world's toughest industrial challenges: enabling more renewable energy on the grid; reducing emissions; increasing plant productivity; adapting to demand and keeping their teams safe! A corporate culture dating back 130 years: GE’s foundations were laid by Thomas Edison nearly 130 years ago, and the company continues to provide innovative solutions for a wide range of critical problems around the world. GE’s deep-rooted culture, outlined in three core behaviors, serves as the backbone for every step taken at GE TTC.
GE Digital Aviation team of software developers operates at the GE Turkey Technology Center - one of GE’s key investments in Turkey – provides software solutions for global projects, working flexibly from home or office. We are boosting Turkey’s competitive strength with local and global software solutions, as well as word-class employee benefits. 150 software engineers, software architects, technical leaders, technical product managers, data scientists and engineers work at GE Turkey Technology Center, delivering 90% of its solutions, developed for local and international clients, to the industries across the world.
We are offering;
Innovative business culture, open to improvements and new ideas.
The option to choose working environment. Employees can work comfortably from home or office anytime.
Newly-recruited employees at TTC don’t lose any right from their annual leave calculation due to company change.
Have option to manage your day flexibly and convert additional work hours into time off in subsequent weeks when needed.
Individual development budget for any development need.
Engagement events, hobby clubs, volunteer activities
Diversity at GE
We believe diversity makes us more competitive and creates value for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We believe in the value of each person’s unique identity, background, and experiences and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
• Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
5+ years of software engineering and hands-on programming experience in Front-end Development
Experience in architecting component libraries, building reusable UI components
Experience with RESTful APIs and Services
Proficiency in Angular.
Proficiency in HTML, CSS
Proficiency in Toolings like WebPack
Experience with CSS Pre-processors (SASS - SCSS - LESS)
Experience with Responsive Design
Unit Test knowledge (Jest, Jasmine, Karma etc…)
Solid grasp of cross-platform cross-browser compatibility issues and code optimization
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
• Love digging into new challenges
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience --working with others on a global basis
• Flexible and available approach to working in a changing environment
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
• Flexible work option
Relocation Assistance Provided: No