General Electric Design Engineer Mechanical Component- Hybrid in Istanbul, Turkey
Job Description Summary
GE Aviation is offering the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and applications, specializing in aircraft engine design and analysis, in a technology base.
Our location, Gebze Turkey Technology Center (TTC) in Kocaeli, is one of GE's 9 engineering centers throughout the world, supporting aviation-related R&D and innovation projects that expand with new investments.
• With the guidance of experienced engineers, provide design ownership for assigned hardware including the engineering support of manufacturing and field issues as well as the technical interface with other functions.
• Provide engineering support for GE Aviation engine hardware.
• Conduct stress and life analyses in support of: engine certifications and qualifications, design optimization to meet life goals, failure investigations and test capability assessment of engine hardware
• Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external GE Aviation Engineering customers.
• Document technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Graduated from Mechanical, Aeronautical or Metallurgical Engineering Departments of universities (post graduate degree is a plus)
• Preferably 1-3 years of experience in a design role. Finite Element Analysis using ANSYS or other commercial FEA software is a plus
• Good knowledge of fundamental mechanical design concepts, mechanics of materials, design hand calculations
• Have strong engineering outlook, hands-on engineering foundation and eager to learn
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Analytical thinking skills
• Familiarity with CAD software (Unigraphics or other commercial CAD software)
• Computer proficiency and familiarity with design, test and analysis tools
• Preferably experience in areas such as aviation, gas turbine or internal combustion engine design and analysis
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally.
• Proven self-starter and independent worker who can work with and/or lead cross-functional teams
• Strong interpersonal skills, which enable a learning approach to problem resolution
• Ability to perform multi-task assignments effectively
• Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
• Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
• Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
• Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
GE Aviation Turkey offers you the following:
• Strong inclusive and diverse company culture
• Being part of dynamic team
• Hybrid working opportunity
• Flexible working hours
• Flexible benefit plan
• Enhanced paternity leave
• Health insurance with wide coverage including spouse and children
• Fitness Benefit
• Life Assurance
• Employee Referral Program
• Employee Assistance Program
Relocation Assistance Provided: No