General Electric UI Engineer-IN Carta in Issaquah, Washington
Role Summary:As a Full Stack Developer you will develop applications ensuring a highly functional and delightful experience for biological researchers using advanced analytics of images and manipulating visual modeling of the data. You will work to verify your designs meet the specifications you have defined for the applications. Your work to enable leading and cutting edge techniques such as machine learning will contribute to the advancing research of biology including drug discovery and cancer research.
Essential Responsibilities:• Act as a member of the Software Analytics Team, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to development, test, and release
• Develop back-end application using Java technologies include Core Java, J2EE
• Database administration skills such as database schema designs, data integration, performance tuning and capacity monitoring
• Collaborate with system engineers, software developers, and user experience design teams to implement UI/BE solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• End to End rapid prototyping ability
Qualifications/Requirements:• A minimum of 8 years professional experience in software development
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Issaquah, WA.
Desired Characteristics:• Working experience with the modern ES6 UI development frameworks like React, AngularJS, Angular 8, or Vue
• Understanding of SOLID principles, OOPS concepts and best practices
• Working experience with databases like Postgres SQL/NoSQL with ability to tune performance
• Experience deploying applications in a Cloud environment preferably in AWS
• Working experience in Big-Data Cloud Scalability
• Experience in Cluster computing or High-Performance computing frameworks
• Knowledge of newer ideologies including GIT, Gradle, NoSQL ( Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB )
• Knowledge of effective UI/BE unit test frameworks
• Experience developing in a J2EE web development
• Demonstrated ability to excel in an Agile development environment
• Demonstrated experience utilizing CI (Continuous Integration) techniques Bower, Grunt, Jasmine, JSCoverage, Sonar
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Washington;Issaquah;