General Electric Sr Software Developer : UI Developer in Issaquah, Washington
As a UI Developer you will develop front end applications that ensure a performant and delightful experience for biological researchers using advanced analytics of images and manipulating visual modeling of the data. You will also work to verify that your designs meet the specifications you have defined for the applications. Your work will contribute to the advancing research of biology including drug discovery and cancer research.
• Act as a member of the Software Analytics Team, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• You will participate in the UI initiatives for several new modules
• Collaborate with system engineers, backend developers, and user experience design teams to implement UI solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• A minimum of 5 years professional front-end development experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Issaquah, WA.
• Knowledge of effective UI testing frameworks
• Understanding of UX principles and best practices
• Solid understanding of the .NET Framework
• Knowledge of newer ideologies including GIT, Gradle, NoSQL ( Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB )
• Experience developing in a Java web development shop
• Demonstrated ability to excel in an Agile development environment
• Demonstrated experience utilizing CI (Continuous Integration) techniques for UI (i.e. Bower, Grunt, Jasmine, JSCoverage)
• Experience deploying applications in a Cloud environment
• Understanding of Big-Data Cloud Scalability
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Washington; Issaquah
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.