General Electric EID Intern - Government Affairs & Policy in Islamabad, Pakistan
The GE Internship Program is an investment in young talents where GE trains students who meet the required criteria to perform their internship program in a corporate function. Program duration is 10-12 weeks. The program will develop the general skills of the intern with on the job knowledge and experience.
Internship Period will be between December & March.
During the program GE will provide assignments, projects & tasks that is related to his/her major where the intern can develop Leadership Capabilities, communication skills and introduce him to the work environment.
The Intern would be responsible for:
• Research and consolidate Government policies for every ministry and how GE can pitch its offerings based on those policies.
• Monitor policy movements under the new government & track updates.
• Support with the implementation of GE engagement plan with government ministries & respective ministers.
• Put together an updated organogram under new government for all ministries with relevant contact details.
• Bachelor’s in Engineering (any discipline).
• Undergoing Master’s degree in Business, Public Policy/ Communications or Engineering.
• Should be a student during the internship period. Students who already graduated earlier this year or graduating prior to the internship period will not qualify.
• GPA: Minimum 3.0
• Candidate must be studying in the same country as the location of the internship (as we do not provide sponsorships or visa)
• Knowledge of institutions, regulation, policies and priorities and decision process.
• Understanding of both civil and military procurement processes.
• Understanding of infrastructure, Power and defense industries.
• Basic knowledge of Public policy.
• Basic understanding of research & analysis
• Strong networking skills with demonstrated potential to build professional relationships.
• Prior 1-2 years of experience working on government affairs matters, international relations and/or corporate communications would be an added advantage
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and to lay out clear, logical and implementable plan.
• Ability to build excellent working relationships within a matrix environment at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent communication skills
• High level of energy.
• Good leadership & Interpersonal skills.
• Must be fluent in English
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Pakistan; Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi