General Electric Technical Writer in Hyderabad, India
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for working independently on components of a documentation project. S/he will contribute to the team on varied documentation projects and calls upon team members for guidance as needed. S/he will contribute to the team and works independently.
• Strong writing skills, namely a command of grammar, syntax, diction, and the conventions and best practices of writing a variety of technical documents.
• Fundamental collaboration skills: ability to work with other writers and cross-functional peers.
• Fundamental knowledge of core technical communication concepts, such as topic-based authoring, minimalism, task-oriented design, single-sourcing.
• Understanding of core information development processes: content planning, content creation, and content review.
• Ability to break down software processes into tasks necessary to the targeted user and effectively explaining those tasks to the user. Basic skills in editing (QA for documentation) - ability to recognize errors in a variety of information deliverables.
• Basic ability to collaborate with subject matter experts to research a software product, determine functionality and design features, then communicate those effectively to the user.
• Fundamental skills with the authoring tools used by the information development teams.
• Ability to follow established information patterns to create information deliverables.
• Ability to work to deadlines and think critically about the task at hand while maintaining an understanding of the relevance of the issue in the bigger picture.
• Awareness of Lean/Agile/XP software development processes and how to follow processes for information development. Basic awareness of the major aspects of software design, development, and QA and how they affect the information development process.
• Basic domain and product knowledge, including appropriate terminology, with an awareness of GE Digital product line(s) and offerings.
• Awareness of how GE Digital drives value to its customers.
• Bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Hyderabad