General Electric Staff Technical Product Manager - Parts Data and Analytics in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
In this role you will be responsible for near real time data and analytics product management, operations and program execution with broad analytics scope and high impact to the GE Gas Power Services Parts organization leveraging cutting edge technologies including various visualization tools. You will work very closely with business stakeholders and IT technical teams (other Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Service Owners and Developers) to deliver a clear and descriptive set of requirements to enable the delivery of multiple products features and functionalities that enable and support key business priorities. You will be responsible for strengthening the foundation of our data products in compliance with regulative requirements, standards and quality. You will be responsible for leading, executing and operationalization of world class data driven methods and capabilities to support business outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
· Own the roadmap and execution of the Data and Analytics strategy for the Services Parts businesses to strengthen the foundation and standardization of our data products, reduce technology debt and improve the quality to drive long term stability and reduce redundancy
· Collaborate with business, functional partners and technology leadership to determine strategic and tactical roadmap of Data & Analytics Capabilities that maximize the impact towards Hoshin Kanri outcomes (Parts On-Time-Delivery, Daily Management automation...)
· Drive reporting automation for the Services Parts organization by collaborating with other value stream leaders as well as ERP design, Enterprise Architecture and other technical teams when needed
· Build Data and Analytics solutions combining multiple sources, such as Oracle and SAP ERP, Salesforce.com and other home built applications into Persona driven outcomes
· Provide active participation in lean improvements across the whole landscape and balance execution of requirements with landscape simplification
· Demonstrate functional knowledge and skills in problem decomposition and ability to translate functional requirements into technical specifications
· Interact with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
· Routinely collaborate with UX in design decisions. Conduct customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborate on personas
· Help defining and prioritizing Data and Analytics capabilities targeted to deliver most business value across the Services Parts organization.
· Own the releases and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and monthly releases
· Own and manage the backlog
· Coordinate internal and external resources executing various projects across multiple programs
· Cooperate with and lead a small group of external technical resources
· Own allocation of technical resources
· Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
· Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
· Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the projects
· Effectively communicate (i.e. status, issues, and escalations) to leadership and other various levels of the organization
· Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
· Engages frequently with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contribute to design activities and decisions.
· Translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work unit.
· Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with leadership of technical and functional teams external to the organization to ensure enough support and engagement
· Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and technical teams.
· Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting
· Guide project teams through decision and pivot points as required
· Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Engineering
· Significant experience working with Data Management, Business Intelligence, or Data Analytics
· GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
· Must be willing to travel 10% of the time
· Hands on experience working with database technologies, including Talend, GPDB, Oracle, SAP, SQL / NoSQL, Tableau, AWS...
· Strong knowledge of software design and coding principles
· Prior experience/role in direct interactions with customer
· Agile development, FastWorks and/or Lean experience, Scrum master or related Project Management certified
· Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills
· Communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
· Oracle/SAP ERP knowledge and exposure to Big Data analysis and cloud analytical application is a plus
· Proven experience of working with senior-level stakeholders to define IT strategy and managing multiple projects
· Track record of driving IT innovation and technology-driven business outcomes
· Strong leadership skills with ability to influence outcomes and organize teams to attain shared goals
· Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of an organization
· Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities
· Team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
· Experience working with others on a global basis
· Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
· Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
· Strong analytical and strong problem -solving skills- communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
· Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
· Demonstrate excelling business acumen, knows latest industry trends and is looked at as an internal expert on the product as well as the associated competitive landscape.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No