General Electric Staff Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
GE Renewable Energy is looking for an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects for renewables domain in a global matrix-ed organization, which will have a very positive impact on GE’s business
This role will entail working independently towards end to end responsibility for testing a component, feature and/or feature set or and/or product(s). The incumbent would work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. S/he contributes to quality engineering discussions & process adherence and mentoring of other junior quality engineers.
Candidate should have willingness to work with Flexible working hours to facilitate communication with global teams/ team members
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Own large sized tasks or small projects and delivers QE artifacts. Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members.
• Contribute in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
• Reuse existing code appropriately wherever possible; drives same behaviours across team while coaching other developers to improve their code quality.
• Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams at the COE.
• Determine testing best practices and principals and promotes them across the organization.
• Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
• Provide functional and technical expertise in bug fixes.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the quality engineering, manages test plans and testing methodology for software projects.
• Use test automation techniques (data driven, pairwise, mocking, test hooks) that fit the problem space. Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost.
• Creating & maintaining appropriate Test Setup & environment, Servers, VMs, Simulators and accessories.
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Electrical/ Power Systems with strong academic credentials.
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in working on design or validation of large enterprise SW or engineering application and creation of Automation framework
• Experience in testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.) preferably using performance and load testing tools like JMeter .
• Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Rally, TFS, Jira, GreenHopper, Confluence, etc.
• Experience in working on Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
• Experience of working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
• Experience of working on Renewable Energy Domain, especially Wind and hands on with Mark 6e controllers and related software would be an added plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server/ PostgreSQL and or other SQL/non-SQL databases would be a plus
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes