General Electric Staff Quality Assurance Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and as a QA Technical Lead & contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. S/he contributes to quality engineering discussions.
This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the Software Quality Engineering efforts across unit, module, system and user acceptance testing. Shows deep understanding of architecture, scalability, availability and performance considerations as well as its impact on quality engineering; Leads discussions about Software Quality Engineering across product / application release.
In this role, you will:
• Have a proven track record of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation.
• Provide expertise in Design, Architecture, Development and Shipping from Quality Engineering perspective
• Lead impact assessment and decision related to Quality Engineering plan and strategy for the whole release.
• Demonstrate the ability of benchmarking against competition.
• Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus
• Provides subject matter expertise in quality engineering processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
• Navigate through ambiguity, prioritizes conflicting asks and shows ability to adapt to changing project situations
• Demonstrate expert level skills in collaborating with different stakeholders, influencing decisions and an ability to take strategic view.
• Lead Quality Engineering efforts across the product version/s
• Provide expertise in continuous integration process and test automation while mentoring and training team members in the process.
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Work independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
Qualifications/Requirements, Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
• A minimum of 8 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree with 6 years of experience OR PhD with 3 years of experience.
•Legal authorization to work in the India is required.
•Must be willing to travel (5%)
•Must be willing to work out of an office located in Hyderabad, India
•Strong knowledge of various Automation tools and experience of automating UI testing using Protractor/Selenium.
•Strong experience of testing REST Web services.
•Having worked on API automation using Java or REST Assured and has exposure of testing applications on cloud products.
•Working experience with various SQL and NoSQL database is mandatory.
•Working experience with Micro Services architecture, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes.
•Working experience with Linux & Docker.
•Develop functional and integration tests and demonstrating awareness of the various testing types and methodologies and using test driven development practices.
•Must be able to develop CI/CD pipeline using DevOps tools such as Jenkins & Git.
•Knowledge of open source test automation frameworks is required.
•Implement system-level integration testing, be skilled in core data structures and algorithms.
•Exposure to cloud environment is desired - AWS, Azure etc.
•Solid understanding of how the JVM manages resources: locks, threads, I/O, memory, etc.
•Knowledgeable about useful metrics, and how to work with them to track against goals/KPIs.
•Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
•Demonstrates deep understanding of competitive landscape, latest trends and technologies in Quality Engineering.
•Collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
•Collaborate with Quality Leaders in creating test plans
•Implement and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff
•Experience in working on multiple projects at the same time is required
•QA Lead - Navigates through ambiguity, prioritizes conflicting asks and shows ability to adapt to changing project situations.
•Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
•Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
•Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
•Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
•Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
•Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
•Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
•Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No