General Electric Staff Computer Vision Data Scientist in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
The Staff Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, you will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Staff Data Scientist, you will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
In this role, you will:
• Work with customers to capture data and analytics requirements
• Develop, verify, and validate analytics to address customer needs and opportunities.
• Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
• Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
• Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
• Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
• Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes.
• Communicate methods, findings, and hypotheses with stakeholders.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum 6 years of experience in Data Science or Engineering occupation.
Alternatively, a Master’s degree, in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum 3 years of experience in Data Science or Engineering occupation.
• Demonstrated skill in data management methods
• Demonstrated skill in feature extraction and realtime analytics development and deployment
• Demonstrated skill in prescriptive analytics and analytic prototyping
• Demonstrated skill in Multiview Geometry, Point Cloud Analysis, and 2D image segmentation
• Demonstrated skill in one or more industry sectors where GE operates
• Demonstrated skill in defining and delivering customer value
• Demonstrated skill in Computer Vision
• Demonstrated skill at working in a team setting
• Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem solving methods
• Demonstrated skill in presentation and influencing skills
• Demonstrated awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes