General Electric Sr Staff Software Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Role Summary:This position is responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
Essential Responsibilities:• Proven track record of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation.
• Provides expertise in Design, Architecture, Development, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
• Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Deep understanding of the market and competing product offerings.
• Demonstrates the ability of benchmarking against competition. Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
• Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Demonstrates expert level skills in collaboration with different stakeholders, influences decisions, ability to take strategic view.
• Leads the efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in custom solutions.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary - as a value offering.
• Defines and owns coding and design standards, ensures secure development practices, establishes expectations around performance, drives internationalization, and manages CI/CD pipelines.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills; able to present at conferences and explain complex technical problems in simple terms.
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree with 10 years of experience
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
• Minimum 12 years of experience in developing applications using OO Analysis & Design, Java, Java Script, HTML, JQuery, Node.js, AngularJS, Polymer, ReactJS, Java EE, Spring, REST and Microservices.
• Hands-on experience in REST on top any Open source library, SQL Database such as PostgreSQL , SQL-Server, Oracle, etc.
• In-depth and hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework.
• Big plus: experience with Apache Kafka and Java8.
• Nice to have: Docker experience.
• Extensive experience in Solution Architecture
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Well versed with software development best practices, test driven development, CI CD and related tools.
• Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
• Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders. Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution. Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI). Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance. Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses. Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative.
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Hyderabad;