General Electric Sr Staff Software Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
You will be part of the core team at GE Digital Grid Software Business driving Energy Transition for the planet by designing, building, delivering and maintaining software applications & services for next generation Grid Software that orchestrates the 40% of the world’s power today. You will work with a global team to develop and migrate key software modules such as electricity distribution module, network outage management, and renewables orchestration modules to the cloud using Java and related technologies to improve security, performance, flexibility and delivery time of the software. You will be part of scrum team and be responsible for software lifecycle including activities such as requirement analysis, software development and testing, CI/CD, documentation and support.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development m and infrastructure
• Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
• Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Leads the architecture and design efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in architecting custom solutions off the base product.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary – as a value offering.
Bachelor's Degree (or) Masters Degree Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience 10 years
Fullstack development experience with a proven ability to write code that is modular and configurable using industry best practices.
Experience with leading technical discussions and influencing engineers to achieve technical excellence.
Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) experience and underlying platform services/technology that enable cloud deployable applications.
Proven ability to articulate technical design and non-functional requirements in terms of acceptance criteria as part of work planning.
Proven ability to lead and mentor a team using lean/agile best practices.
Experience in power system analysis in transmission/distribution systems, understanding/application of knowledge in several of the following areas: Power Flow, Contingency Analysis, Fault Level, State Estimation, Volt/Var Optimisation, Distributed Generation IntegrationSolid understanding or experience using a Data Fabric for unified access to disparate operational, enterprise, and external data sources.
Understanding of how a Data Fabric can enable/provide secure self-service access to data assets with simplified and resilient data integration tools that are built on open standards.
• Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
• Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders. Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution. Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI). Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance. Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses. Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative.
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes