General Electric Sr. Software Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for designing, building, delivering and maintaining software applications & services. Working in the areas of machine, cloud, platform and/or application. Responsible for software lifecycle including activities such as requirement analysis, documentation/procedures and implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be:
Responsible for programming a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
Can analyze impact of technology choices. Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum 5 years of experience.
Desired Characteristics/Technical Expertise:
Strong knowledge of OO Analysis & Design, Cloud Foundry, Spring, Java and Microservices is expected.
Experience with database tools (JDBC, Spring Data)
Experience with modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN). Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
Aware of methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc.
Prior work experience in an agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile. Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
General understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development life cycle.
A dedicated developer who understands issues and presents clear rationale; thinks in terms of scalability & fault tolerance architecture and can deliver small and medium sized features while mentoring team members.
At least 2 years of experience with Ansible
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence.
• Learns organization vision statement and decision-making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision.
• Completes assigned tasks on time and with high quality. Takes independent responsibility for assigned deliverables.
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
• Displays understanding of the project’s value proposition for the customer. Shows commitment to deliver the best value proposition for the targeted customer.
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present.
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected
for the project
This Job Description is intended to provide a high-level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes