General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
GE Renewable Energy is looking for an experienced full stack developer to work on exciting projects with high business impact. The role will entail working independently towards design & development of software products for renewable energy domain in a global matrix-ed organization & Contributes to design discussions, immediate team and to other teams across business.
You should have willingness to work with Flexible working hours to facilitate communication with global teams/ team members Candidate should have willingness to work with Flexible working hours to facilitate communication with global teams/ team members
In this role, you will:
• Own mid to large quality engineering tasks, own estimation, planning and execution for various product releases; and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development and infrastructure
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring, and Testing Techniques
• Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations, and implementation strategy. Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
Solid digital product development experience
Technology Understanding: REST APIs, Algorithms, Data structures, Database (SQL/NoSQL/In-Memory), Messaging, UI Development
Knowledge of accessibility and security compliance – Secure coding principles, threat modelling
Software Design Experience
Mandatory: Deep expertise - Java and/or Golang/.NET core.
Deeper understanding on building robust back end services, adapters, multi-threading techniques and networking principles
Native Microservices Software Development (e.g Springboot)
Data Formats: JSON, Protobuf, Parquet etc
Ops Experience: Performance Monitoring and Optimization
Basic Code quality, code reviews, Troubleshooting, quality unit tests
Tooling experience: Scripting experience - Python, Postman…
Understanding of containerization technologies- Hands on experience on Dockers
Awareness – DevOps
Awareness - key AWS services- EC2, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, IAM and Lambda
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes