General Electric Sr Quality Assurance Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to quality engineering discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Own and deliver medium-sized quality engineering tasks while mentoring and helping team members
• Make technology choices at individual level and analyse impact
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Integrate project testing with continuous-integration process
• Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
• Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
• Develop and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
with minimum years of experience 6 years
Desired Characteristics/Technical Expertise:
• Has extensive experience in test automation using Selenium based tools (ex: Katalon studio)
• Demonstrates experience and ability to write Java code for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
• Has experience in testing web services
• Has experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems
• Has experience working in Docker/kubernetes environments.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyse impact of technology choices
• Able to take ownership to deliver small and medium sized tasks while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to identify mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes