General Electric Sr Performance Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for partnering with business to identify performance benchmarks for software products and API layers while applying tools, methodologies, frameworks and analytical skills as appropriate, to conduct assessment; Periodically reviewing and maintaining a detailed, working knowledge of the respective assigned systems, organization, and business processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Establish performance benchmark for software and optimize application performance
• Own medium-sized performance engineering tasks; and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Make technology choices at individual level and analyze impact
• Integrate performance testing with continuous-integration process
• Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
• Provide expertise in the performance engineering, planning and methodology
• Develop and executes maintainable automation performance suites
• Serve as the principal liaison between the business unit and Information Services for system related issues
• Demonstrate command of quality assurance tools, systems analysis, automated test case and solutions, debugging, documentation, and software controllership
• Assist with analysis and debugging of complex application, infrastructure and performance problems or enhancements
• Ensure close ongoing relationships with appropriate internal and external customers
• Draft test plans and scripts for break/fixes and new development systems changes.
• Execute test scripts and documents results and interfaces with end users for test input and approval
• Works across a broad range of application and infrastructure platforms within GE to validate application stability and performance meet expectations
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience4years
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
• Demonstrated experience and ability to write Java code and/or shell scripting.
• Excellent knowledge of load testing tools (jmeter, loadrunner or equivalent), profiling tools.
• Experience with establishing Performance KPIs at both component and system level.
• Solid understanding of issues of scale and performance in large-scale cloud environments and ability to identify, debug and propose viable solutions.
• Experience in testing web services and microservices.
• Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems
• Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
• Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/performance infrastructure
• Knowledge of Performance Engineering concepts such as JVM, Garbage collection ,Threading• Experience in test design, plans, automation, execution, and debug
• Experience in load testing frameworks
• Excellent RCA and debugging capabilities.
• Exposure to cloud foundry infrastructure
• Experience in validating Analytics.
• Real-time monitoring with AppDynamics or the like.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating effort
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
• Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions.
• Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy.
• Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments.
• Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
• Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes